Wednesday, June 18, 2008

The Dog

I love my dog really I do, but she is on my last nerve today. She barks at the neighbors dogs and makes Owen cry. I think Owen cries because he thinks something is wrong. Because one big dog bark very harshly at two little dogs is pretty terrifying to a one year old.

Owen and I had a great day visiting friends and going on a play date - He fell asleep on the way home and I got him into the crib without waking him. BUT the minute I let the dog outside she starts barking at the people in the next yard and wakes Owen who is now screaming at the top of his lungs because he is way over tired.

So the dog is currently hiding downstairs because I yelled at her and Owen is throwing a temper tantrum on the floor because he is overtired. I can't win.

Maybe I should invest in a shock collar - I know if sounds cruel but i can't take the barking and she doesn't listen to my yelling. I tried lowering my voice to a man octave and it working but Mike almost busted a gut when he heard me do it.

Just noticed the time and I haven't started dinner yet - ugh. leftovers it is - oh well i guess Mike will survive.

No comments: