Monday, February 16, 2009

obviously not a first time mom

There are so many stories I could tell about out memorable hospital stay. we had some great nurses and some I wonder what they were thinking.

One of our great nurses came in very apologetically after realizing she had been on shift for over 2 hours and had not been to our room yet. We were at the end of the hallway and were apparently the only non first timers on the floor. So the other first time mom had taken a majority of her time up. She asked what we needed. I wanted a motrin and a stool softener. To which she laughed and replied that I was definitely not a first time mom because no one ever asked for that the first time around.

Oh well - I guess the second time around you know what you need and aren't afraid to ask for it - I felt much better after my stool softener kicked in. We were also more than happy to not see the nurses every hour . It paid off to be at the quiet room at the end of the hallway with all first time moms on the floor. Mike and I enjoyed the quiet without a toddler as much as possible before coming home to realize that yes we are now the parents of two.

No comments: