Wednesday, May 12, 2010

the joys of a 3yr old

so we never had the terrible 2's really but today now that he is three was terrible.

When i picked him up from preschool he screamed and kicked and threw a fit when it was time to leave. He hit me and kicked me as I lovingly held him tightly to my body and carries him to the car while he screamed goo goo ga ga at the top of his lungs. I reminded him to use his words and finally as I got him into the car seat he screamed I want DADDDY!

okay little man I know how this goes - you are mad at me for making you leave so you want daddy, that is how the story goes when you don't get your way.

we get home and he wants the nanny, she wishes me luck and runs away. Not that i can blame her i want to run away too. Luckily Logan has just gone down for a nap and I try to convince Owen he needs a rest. I ask if he needs to use the potty - of course not because he just wants to go back to preschool. I put him in his room and he promptly pees all over. So we take a bath and clean up - he is currently snuggling in the recliner with his blankets and stuffed Thomas.

it is going to be a long night unless he falls asleep - wish me luck

No comments: