Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The new daycare situation

So the boys are going to a Baptist daycare/ kindergarten academy

they have never been to daycare before

We go to a Baptist Church so I was excited to find out about this place through another teacher in my building. BUT this church is WAY more conservative than our current church

There is a a dress code for K3 - no t-shirts with any writing or logos, or characters. hmmmm - I am having a hard time explaining to Owen that he can't wear Thomas shirts to school. We have been laying out his clothes the night before so that he doesn't even see other clothes.

The older kids are not even allowed to wear shorts or tennis shoes aka soccer shoes. thank goodness that doesn't apply to Owen or we may have to find other care.

The good news is that the teachers are very loving and pray for the students by name. I do like that part, but I am a teacher so I am in a weird place. I am fairly liberal but also very much a Christian. Not sure why the two seem to have to contradict each other. I am searching for a church that believe Jesus is our Lord and Savior but doesn't persecute people based on things that they can't control. I like Obama and think he is doing some great things, I think people who love the same sex should be allowed to love each other and given the same legal rights, I really don't care what you call it. Abortion I think is a private matter that the person will have to live with for the rest of their live either way so what business it is of mine to decide. i believe that little boys should look like their fathers and circumcision should be based on what daddy looks like.

WOW I am on a political rant tonight - that is what a half bottle of wine does - oh yeah I believe in drinking - don't tell the Baptist Church

Well I guess this is my blog and I can say whatever I want because that is why it is here :)

School starts in 6 days

No comments: